Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and some other UK legislation.
I encourage you to read this policy in full and contact us with any questions or concerns
Who we are?
Rachael Shaw of Rachael Shaw ECOnsultant is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Rachael Shaw ECOnsultant is a Where contracts with clients require, Rachael Shaw ECOnsultant acts as data processor and complies with the same regulations in such cases.
What information do we collect?
When you do business with us, become a client of our company, register for or attend any events or subscribe to our blog or other publications we collect some or all of the following personal information from you:
- Your name
- Your postal address, email address and telephone number
- Any information relevant to the services may be providing to you.
How do we process and secure your personal data?
Rachael Shaw ECOnsultant takes your privacy very seriously and complies with its obligations under “GDPR” legislation, by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate organisational and technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide you with consultancy, information or other services that you have asked us to provide.
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To inform you, with your consent (see below), about our products and services or information that are likely be relevant to you or your organisation.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Where personal data is collected in the course of fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations to you or when you have asked us to provide services to you, only necessary data is collected, and it is securely stored and access. This data is processed to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, to comply with other legal obligations or in our and your legitimate interests (e.g. to provide you with information and services requested by, or promised to you, to ensure continuity of services and manage repeat business effectively and/or to defend any legal claims). The other considerations set out elsewhere in this policy also apply.
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about information that is likely be relevant to you or your organisation, including new information available from us (such as blog posts) and other information about our products and services. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
When do we share personal data?
We will only share your data with third parties outside Rachael Shaw ECOnsultant with your explicit consent, unless we are legally or contractually required to do so, or:
- for the purposes of securely storing the data, for example on cloud-based servers managed by third party providers (such as Apple, Dropbox, Google, Microsoft, MailChimp etc.)
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
The information you provide will not be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Our website, cookies and other information-gathering technologies
- When you visit our website, we use Google Analytics and WordPress to collect standard internet log and visitor behaviour information, e.g. to understand the number of visitors to the site. This information is only processed in ways that do not identify anyone. We do not attempt, and do not allow Google or WordPress to attempt, to find out the identity of anyone visiting our site.
- Our website may in future contain links to other websites. This Privacy Notice applies only to Rachael Shaw ECOnsultant website, so when you access links to other websites you should read their own privacy notices/policies.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We keep data in accordance with the GDPR and only for as long as is necessary (for example to keep you informed about information that is likely be relevant to you or your organisation including new information available from us and other information about our products and services or to comply with the record keeping requirements of HMRC or other regulators). in general we will retain data for 2 years after our last contact with the data subject. We may retain some data for longer periods for reasons of continuity of service delivery, to ensure availability of relevant information about repeat clients, to defend legal claims or protection or legal rights or where we are contractually or legally required to do so. For further information on our detailed retention policies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data Rachael Shaw ECOnsultant holds about you.
- The right to request that Rachael Shaw ECOnsultant corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary or required for Rachael Shaw ECOnsultant to retain such data. This right does not apply where we have a legal obligation to retain your data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time (if we are processing on the basis of your consent).
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability). This right only applies where we are processing your personal data based on consent or for the performance of a contract with you and in either case we are processing the data by automated means.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data. This right only applies where we are processing your personal data based on legitimate interests.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Rachael Shaw @ email@example.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website
Your consent applies to the following domains: rachaelshawconsulting.co.uk
What are cookies?
What types of cookies do we use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement. By default these cookies are enabled on our site until you disable them manually.
Marketing: Our website currently does not display advertisements, but we may in the future. If we decide to do this these cookies will be used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
How can I control the cookie preferences?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.